- PR experience: An Account Executive with PR experience across B2B and B2C clients. Enjoys proactively pitching stories, spotting client opportunities and developing professional relationships.
- Journalism experience: Extensive media experience writing and interviewing for news stories and features across multiple sections for The Times. Completed work experience at Evening Standard, Esquire UK, Huffington Post and Birmingham Mail. Music Editor of Guardian Student Media Award winning student newspaper, Redbrick.
- Social media experience: Established strong social media presence, followed by and enganging with senior members of UK press. Managed social media accounts for clients.
- Media relations & writing skills: Has tactical media knowledge in news writing and is skilled in drafting any type of media or social facing material, including press releases, thought leadership pieces and news hijacking/issues jumping, while also possessing excellent pitching skills.
- Media Training: Designed and conducted media training sessions, training companies in successful interview technique, media strategy, and crisis comms.
September 2015 – September 2016: English Teacher – ILA Vietnam, Hanoi, Vietnam
- Role: Completed a full 12 month contract at Vietnam’s top private language centre. Teaching students, from absolute beginners to Business English. Taught Business English to members of Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammernarbeit (GIZ), a service provider, assisting the German Government.
February 2015 – August 2015: Account Executive –Clarity PR, London, UK
- Role: Worked as an Account Executive at Clarity PR. Wrote press releases, thought leadership and news hijacking/issues jumping. Regularly pitched stories, landing national newspaper and online coverage in the Daily Mail, The Guardian, BBC News, The Mirror, Evening Standard, Huffington Post, Metro and TechCrunch and secured TV appearances for clients on BBC News and CNBC. Regularly selling in stories to journalists. Organised media lists, compiled campaign reports, undertook media training.
- Clients: Included Top Eleven, Fidor, Trans IP, Opportunity Network, Peak, Pryynt, Sleepio and Fifty-Five
July 2014 – December 2014: Intern – The Times, London, UK
- Role: Intern on The Times Magazine and Wrote features and interviews for the magazine, T2 section and news. Sourced news stories and feature ideas on short notice for weekly conferece meeting. Nominated for PPA New Talent Award 2015 for Best Intern. Included interviewing top law students for front page interview: ‘What law school doesn’t tell you’. Featured in Sathnam Sanghera’s weekly business column: ‘Reverse mentoring is the future’.
July 2014: Work Experience – London Evening Standard, London, UK
- Role: Work experience writing, sourcing and researching features. Interviewed Scottish personalities in London, including Editor of the Spectator, Fraser Nelson, for referendum feature: ‘Should I stay or should I go?’.
December 2013: Music Editor – Redbrick, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
- Role: Edited articles daily for student newspaper. Regular contributor to music, fashion, news and comment sections. Designed website and newspaper pages weekly.
December 2013: Work Experience – Esquire UK, London, UK
- Role: Work experience writing and sourcing features. Transcribed interviews, contributed news pieces for the magazine.
June and September 2013: Work Experience – Birmingham Mail, Birmingham, UK
- Role: During two separate weeks of work experience, produced a two page spread on student entertainment, and interviewed rock band, Editors.
2012-2013: Student Writer – The Huffington Post, London, UK
- Role: Contributor in a variety of current affairs topics from exam methods to David Bowie and the decline of HMV.
- PR: After graduating, I landed my first PR job after holding a sign advertising myself to commuters in London. After standing at Waterloo, Paddington and Charing Cross stations for two mornings with a sign that said “Hire me”, I was approached by Clarity PR and began my career at the firm. This stunt achieved national press attention.
- Social Media: I responded to a tweet by The Times writer and business columnist, Sathnam Sanghera, asking for a transcriber for his interviews. I said I could do it and have since transcribed interviews with a range of individuals, including Desmond Tutu, Baroness Doreen Lawrence, and Salman Rushdie. From this I secured work experience, then an internship with The Times. I continue to transcribe.
- Journalism: Whilst on an internship at The Times, I was nominated for PPA New Talent Award 2015 for Best Intern. I made a video as part of the application process.
- Journalism: During my weekly news sweep for conference whilst at The Times, I spotted a small story about Facebook and Apple offering female employees the opportunity to freeze their eggs. After bringing this story to the news conference, it was run on page three the following day and picked up by UK and worldwide media the day after.
Teaching English as a Foreign Language Certificate (TEFL), i-to-I TEFL, London
NCTJ Diploma in Multimedia Journalism (Fast Track) – Gold standard, including 100 words per minute shorthand and media law, News Associates, London, UK
2011 – 2014:
2:1 BA (Hons) Political Science (including 1st Class final year dissertation: Fascism in 20th Century), University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
A Levels: A* English Literature, B History and B Philosophy & Ethics
GCSEs: 14 A* to C, Smithdon High School, Hunstanton, Norfolk, UK
Experienced in using Gorkana, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher, Excel, Access – CMS, QuarkXPress, InDesign, iMovie, Final Cut Pro, iRig Recorder, Word Press
Nicola Jeal, Editor, The Times Magazine, email@example.com
Sara Collinge, MD, Clarity PR,
Please see more references here